With gas prices sky high today, everybody is looking for a way to “save a little” here and there. Kwik Kar would like to share some simple guidelines as to how to save money at the pump.
- Check your tire pressure once a month. The U.S. Department of Energy states that with just one pound of underinflation, consumers lose two to three miles per gallon.
- Get a tune up every 30,000 miles.
- Replacing your air filter regularly can increase your vehicles gas mileage by 10 percent.
- Don’t drive over 60 miles per hour. Government figures show that when driving over 60 miles per hour, the rate of miles per gallon quickly decreases.
- Because gas is denser in cool temperatures, try to buy gas when it is cooler out.
- Avoid congested areas and stop and go traffic. This decreases your gas mileage.
To find the cheapest gas in your area, click here.