Emergencies are unavoidable. Whether the weather, an accident, or any roadside emergency threw you into a predicament, it is always important to be prepared for them all. You won’t use these items every time you drive, but you’ll be glad you have them when you have a problem. Although items for repair will be very useful, you don’t want to forget the essentials like snacks and water.
- A flashlight is a fundamental tool for any emergency.
- Always carry jumper cables. You never know when your car may lose battery power and fail to start.
- Basic tools such as pliers, a wrench and a screwdriver can be very helpful to have on hand for any situation.
- A first aid kit is a MUST! An injury can occur at any time. A first aid kit will ensure that you have all the basic materials you may need to adhere to an abrupt injury.
- Blankets become helpful in cool weather.
- It is very important to keep a supply of any regularly needed medication. It’s unknown how long your emergency may last.
- Have candles and matches for lighting and flame if you find yourself stuck in snow or ice.
- Sand or kitty litter can come in handy in very cold climates. If the roads are too slick and your tires cannot grab traction, the texture of the sand or kitty litter will act as traction for the tire.
- Bottles of clean water are important.